Suitecase.

Richardus Raymaker
Richardus Raymaker
 Member edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Its good to have a suitecase. Its bad to have 2 suitecases.

And i cannot delete the wrong one ! Howto remove the wrong suitecase >

Comments

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator edited 8:08PM
    Hi Richardus,

we had this problem with older OS-versions. Please use Inventory-Management one time. It should correct the problem automaticly.

http://metropolis.hypergrid.org/inventory.php
  • Richardus Raymaker
    Richardus Raymaker
     Member edited 8:08PM
    Tried the inventory manager. But not sure what the use from that webtool is.
    You can look in your inventory what you have. thast all you can do.
    No delete buttons nothing

It btw did not fix the problem.
  • Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
    Huhu Rich,

this tool corrects some well known bugs in the inventory automaticly. Just invoking this tool once will do the job. But I will have a look to your inventory, if we have a new bug.

Hugs,
    Lena
  • Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
    Huhu Rich,

the problem was, that there was still an old Suitcase with type 8 (OS 0.6.x) in the database. The second Suitcase with the type 100 is the correct one. Don't ask me, how that could happend. But it's corrected now.

Hugs,
    Lena
  • Minethere Always
    Minethere Always
    Huhu Rich,

the problem was, that there was still an old Suitcase with type 8 (OS 0.6.x) in the database. The second Suitcase with the type 100 is the correct one. Don't ask me, how that could happend. But it's corrected now.

Hugs,
    Lena

just noting that i have a similar issue, but it does not seem to be any problem so please do not take any time to fix it, i am just reporting in case it is some bigger problem
  • Richardus Raymaker
    Richardus Raymaker
    Thanks, thats what databases do, store things. to not it lose anymore :o
  • Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
    Huhu Miney,

I have analyzed the suitcases. There are often two suitcases in the users inventories. But there is no general structure. Sometimes a suitcase is stored in the base, sometimes in the "My Inventory" folder. Sometimes the old ones are empty, sometimes we have items in both suitcases. Your inventory shows two suitcases with items in the folder "My Inventory". So, I can't delete the old one.

In this case it's impossible for me to do a general cleanup. The inventory folders are getting more and more unstructured. Sometimes I think, they don't test the new releases propperly.

Hugs,
    Lena
  • Minethere Always
    Minethere Always
    oh, ok, ty Lena.

I was not concerned, I never use the suitcase anyway thanks to the inventory thing you all do here.

It might also have something to do with Kitely and whatever they have done there, I HG there sometimes. And when I come in it is often to hypergate someplace or other with all sorts of versions going on.

I also recently started using firestorm, but still had been using my prior mesh viewer of astra which had needed replacing for some time.

In any case, for me, none of that is bothersome, I roll with the flow in my life now even though sometimes a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_resurfacer [Zamboni] is often needed to smooth out the rough edges :ugeek: :P :oops: :o :lol: