Ugh Sim creation again!

govega sachertorte
govega sachertorte
 Member edited September 2014 in Technical Support
Hi I have had sims on metro before, and now when I try with a brand new download of the program, I get this error " OpenSim.Server.Base.ServerUtils [SERVER UTILS]: Error loading plugin from OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ". What am I doing wrong? I did nothing to the configuration

thjanks

Gove

Comments

• Sheera Khan
    Sheera Khan
     Moderator edited 5:22AM
    Hi Gove,

my best guess at the moment is you use a windows based system. There's a glitch in the configuration as found out and documented by Shy Robbiani. In the file OpenSim.exe.config a parameter <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /> went missing.

So fire up your favourite texteditor and look for the section <runtime>. There you add a line reading <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /> so the whole block looks like:
    &lt;runtime&gt;
    &lt;loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /&gt;
    &lt;gcConcurrent enabled="true" /&gt;
    &lt;gcServer enabled="true" /&gt;
    &lt;/runtime&gt;

I hope that will fix your problem :-)

Ciaoooo

Sheera

PS.: Link to the source of information: http://forum.hypergrid.org/opensim-support/fehler-nach-update-auf-metropolis-0-8-0-1-plus-windows-t3765.html
  • Genie Fegte
    Genie Fegte
     Member edited 5:22AM
    there could be another problem,
    Information relating to exception:
    An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which
    would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of
    the .NET Framework.

Attachment Manager included in Microsoft Windows attaches security policies
    to files downloaded from a network location. Normally this effects only files
    contained in compressed zip format (.zip) though other file types can be affected depending on the local computer group security policies (thinking machines registered to a domain though not exclusively)

The effect of the policy can be observed by opening the properties dialogue for a downloaded file, under the 'General' tab (default) and towards the lower section of the dialogue an additional button is displayed 'Unblock'. Click this button and exit the dialogue using the 'ok' button.

This procedure effectively changes all the files within the zip. If however the
    unzipped contents are used prior to the procedure, the each file will require 'Unblock' to be selected.

Changing this policy would be a significant security reduction, so best policy is, any file downloaded be inspected using the procedure above.

Issue coming to light now is due to CAS policy changes within .NET 4

It would be useful if people evaluating this procedure reported their findings.

greetings

Genie
  • Sheera Khan
    Sheera Khan
    Thank you very much Genie :-) I'm no Windows user so I didn't even know about this setting ...

Ciaooo

Sheera
  • Zak Spot
    Zak Spot
    Hi,

yes Ugh... download is fixed ... again. Thanks for reporting.

Greetings
    Zak
  • Minethere Always
    Minethere Always
    Hi Govega, nice to see you here-)) very nice...hugs
  • govega sachertorte
    govega sachertorte
    Hi and thank you for your help! It seems like unclicking the windows under properties to unblock worked. Thanks so much!

But now I have another problem

when I try to connect says "no route to host"

I use Port Forward to forward my ports and I know they are open cause I use Arriba. Any other ideas? Regions are created I just cannot get to them....
  • govega sachertorte
    govega sachertorte
    Hi Minethere! I was just talking about you today to my daughter. Hope all is well. Hopefully I will be back online here in a bit... doing two new regions... HUGZ to you my friend.
  • Zak Spot
    Zak Spot
    Hi,

try to set ExternalHostName = "SYSTEMIP" in your regions.ini and remove the old start exe file from the win firewall and add it once again. Good Luck

Greetings
    Zak
  • govega sachertorte
    govega sachertorte
    Hi all, apparently, it was my ports I am up and running.Thanks so much!!

I have another question. I am running varregions and it seems that the bullet physics are not working, I cannot get past the 256 coordinate. I know there is a way to turn them on but don't know how?

Thanks...

Govega
  • Wordfromthe Wise
    Wordfromthe Wise
    I have another question. I am running varregions and it seems that the bullet physics are not working, I cannot get past the 256 coordinate. I know there is a way to turn them on but don't know how?

Firestorm and Replex Viewer ( Replex was Singularity Viewer) both support VarRegions and you need to enable Bullet Sim Physics. When use ODE in a var region avatar can not move from location 0,0,x .. Avatar only can move in Z axe.

Replex: http://www.replex.org/wp/alpha-builds/
    Firestorm: http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/
  • Genie Fegte
    Genie Fegte
    Hi Govega,

there is a good instruction on the following page : Opensim Varregion

good luck
  • govega sachertorte
    govega sachertorte
    hi again still a bit confused I am adding the piece [BulletSim]
    TerrainImplementation = 0
    to some of the ini files, not really sure which ones... thinking opensim.ini, flotsam.ini, gridcommon.ini ... still not working. Not sure how else to enable bullet, and I am using firestorm.. Any other ideas???

Viel Danke
  • Genie Fegte
    Genie Fegte
    Hi Govega,

i modified the opensim.ini to allow Varregions.
    You have to replace the opensim.ini with it, then adjust your personal settings (http_listener port.........).
    After that you have to add

SizeX = xxx
    SizeY = xxx

to your region.ini

xxx = 512 for a 2x2 Varregion, 768 for a 3x3 Varregion, 1024 for 4x4 Varregion...............

think thats it :D

regards

Genie