IAR - User backup

Emil_Jannings
Emil_Jannings
 Member edited April 22 in Technical Support
I notice the option for "Inventory Backup" in Inventory Tools is turned off. How should I go about doing an IAR inventory backup? Is there a preferred Metro way or should I just run it from a system terminal?

Thanks.

Comments

• Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited 12:26AM
    If you have a region on an own OpenSim server, then the easiest and most efficient way is to use the own OpenSim console for the IAR backup. If you have rented the region(s) on another server - or no regions at all - you need the help of the grid admins. Theoretically, the persons who run the region servers could do it, but then those would need your account passwort.

Regards,
    Mareta
  • Sheera Khan
    Sheera Khan
     Moderator edited 12:26AM
    Hi Em,

on a rented region (rented from Metro i.e.) you can use our "METROPOLIS OAR-MANAGER" to create OAR and IAR backups or to upload such files. The link to it and your user credentials are send to you with the confirmation of the setup of you region.

Have a lot of fun - Ciaoo

Sheera
  • Emil_Jannings
    Emil_Jannings
     Member edited 12:26AM
    thanks everyone -- I have a few regions up so I will enter the commands from that console. just thought I'd check so I was doing it the Metro way! :)