Cannot get to my regions... and not the typical issue

John Sheppard
John Sheppard
I'm getting this.. Could not teleport.
Service request failed: Invalid URI: Invalid port specified.

I tried with an old Metro install I had... then tried with a fresh install with one sim vs. three.

Comments

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    I think, it was a temporary problem. Could you try it again, please?
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 25
    With me also happening the same: invalid URI and port Service request failed: Invalid. I have been entering my region many times without problems, The last time was about 10 days ago and it still came normally. Only now that this happens. My region are all 512x512.

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator edited July 26
    @JardelGreggan  Your router reports an invalid IP-address. With this address (0.0.0.2) the communication is not possible. If you have a static #IP-address please change the external address in the regions.ini-file from "SYSTEMIP" to your static IP-address.

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 26
    My ip adress is not static but dynamic because eventually it changes. Even then I changed from SYSTEMIP to my IP and the problem continued. The interesting thing is that I have used these islands for more than two years in METROPOLIS and I have always been able to do TP for them. I have regions in other GRID like OSGRID and ADREANS and all the settings are similar, except in the METROPOLI S where I use SYSTEMIP

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    You are using a dyndns-forwarder with osgrid? If so, please try the same with the Metro.
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 26
    If you speak about IPV4 (Internal  Adress or of the PC) It's the same ( IPV4). See well. In the case of external address, OSGRID and ADREANS grids, every time my IP changes I access my modem / IFI and change to the new address assigned when the modem is disconnected or there is a power outage. I know there are complements to the DNS called DDNS that is paid and you create exactly how METROPOLIS provides us (the known SYSTEMIP) an address (a name) to avoid this work when the external IP changes. But updating my IP, as I do, despite the small inconvenience, my OSGRID and ADRIANS regions are accessible. We are faced with an enigma!

• Sheera Khan
    Sheera Khan
    Hi Jardel,

the thing puzzling us is that your router claims to have the IPv4 address 0.0.0.2 which is impossible. The network 0.0.0.0/8 is reserved for internal use (0.0.0.0 is the default route in IPv4) by the IANA. So my guess would be that you access the internet via IPv6. And we know that OpenSim has it's issues with IPv6. Maybe your provider switched from IPv4 to IPv6 without mentioning it to you. Could you please click on this link: https://hypergrid.org/my_external_ip.php It tells you your current IPv4 address. If it shows the above 0.0.0.2 we know it is an IPv6 problem ...

Ciaoo

Sheera

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 26
    Exactly this link shows me my ip that I have obtained the same way when I, through the search bar of the google chrome browser, I type "my ip" and it is not 0.0.0.2 but my external ip. Soon my provider did not change to ipv6. I reaffirm that in OSGRID and in ADREANS that are grids where I have regions I access the same by putting in my regions.ini file my external ip in ExternalHostName. Here in METROPOLIS the grid created the DNS complement that is SYSTEMIP that assumes the external ip even if it changes. What intrigues me is also you say that the link shows the IPV4, except for better judgment, IPV4 is the internal ip of the machine or better of my PC and I use this IP in the modem /WIFI to open the ports and allow to create my regions By OPENSIM. I get my IPv4 through the command "cmd" and then on the console type "ipconfig" there I see both it when ipv6, masks etc.Sorry something, but I am depending on the help of you to solve this puzzle. The METROPOLIS GRID  Have one of the best OPENSIM programs to create regions, with very well made cmdo lines, is an "INXUTE E INTELIGENT" program.

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    @JardelGreggan Right now I got your real IP-address! Could you please try it again with SYSTEMIP in your regions.ini ?

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
    Hi Lena! OK I got into one of the 3 regions, but something is wrong! The other 3 do not load, the avatar is still and the viewer is having problems to finish the operation, because I need to click on a teleport because it understand that there is a double connection, which is not the case. I believe there is some inconsistency.  I just do not know where! Everything also takes a long time to load in the only region that carries.

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    @JardelGreggan It seems, that the region entry in the database shows different coordinates. Just delete the old database entries with our RegionManagement and try again.
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 27
    Hi, Lena! To do this I have to change the coordinates in the region.ini file, but I leave no coordinates, place others, or delete and place the same and save? but I checked the coordinate map and the regions remain in the same place.
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 27
    Hi Lana! I think I started to kill the charade! I just came in with the avatar of my partner and they loaded the 4 regions and her avatar is normal, moves well and everything in the 4 regions is ok. When I try to enter with my avatar a message informs me that I have a double connection, but look at the interesting with the avatar of my partner on the island I see my tag and I in the form of smoke. So if I'm stuck or I know if my avatar bugged me, I should do what to fix this. Reshare the avatar? I also noticed that after a few minutes it goes offline, I see it through her. But even if I try to enter with his, I am informed of double connection and he stays in the region and the other 3 regions do not load.

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    Hi @JardelGreggan ,

it's great that your regions are back. :)

By the way: your IP-address looks good. :)

But I realy don't know what happened to your avatar. My simple advice: try to clear the viewer-cache. Maybe an avatar clothing reset (see the dashboard) could help.

Or someone else here in the forum has a better idea. ;)

Greetings, Lena

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited July 27
    Hi Lena! This is message in Opensim that i receive: Unhandled packet Viewer Effect from Jardel Greggan in region. Ignoring. I also see  my inventory is inacessible..