Lumiya Viewer

Shelenn
Shelenn
I tried adding Metro to the grid manager in Lumiya but it does not take. Is this viewer allowed for use in Metro and if so, what should I enter to add the grid?

Comments

• Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited January 18
    Hi Shelenn,

it is allowed to add Metro to the Lumiya viewer. I tested today with my Metro account.

To connect Metro...
    1) Go to "Sign in", on "Grid" in the dialog select - with the arrow on the right side of the line appears a selection menu - "Add another grid".
    2) A new popup dialog appears. Choose any grid name, "Metropolis" for example. Set the login URI: "http://hypergrid.org:8002/"
    3) Now sign in with user name and password of your Metro account in the original dialog.
    4) enjoy :yum:

Regards,
    Mareta

• Shelenn
    Shelenn
    Thank you. I followed those same steps but it would not add (show lock like other grids) and would not let me login. I will try again tonight maybe I had a typing error :)
  • Shelenn
    Shelenn
    Ok I got it to add the grid to Lumiya and logged in but the avatar and scene are not rendering. I double checked by logging the avatar with Firestorm ok. I can see a list of every object in the scene - I just can't see them in 3D. Must I wait some time for it to fill cache?
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited January 19
    I can see my home region even with meshes. It takes some time though until the objects pop up, maybe with faster wifi that is better. And only objects that are very near (chat range 20m) pop up. There are lots of graphic errors, like missing parts in buildings for example. After clearing the cache several minutes I have seen only sky. I cannot see my (standard no-mesh) avatar body, but hair, clothing and eyes.

The 3D mode seems to be useful only to identify the location where the avatar is positioned, not to explore regions. I don't use smartphones in my normal life, so I could check only the login itself, and cannot do valid statements about the usability of Lumiya.

Maybe someone who uses Lumiya on a regular basis can add some hints here, please?