trying to run 091 dev for metro2. It crashes for lack of a file from the iSimulationDataService.

ferria_trebuchet
ferria_trebuchet
I see files from others with this problem i just see no solutions. New to the forum so maybe i missed the thread links

Exception: System.Exception: Could not load an ISimulationDataService implementation from OpenSim.Services.SimulationService.dll:SimulationDataService, as configured in the LocalServiceModule parameter of the [SimulationDataStore] config section.
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x000e5] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0
  at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00101] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0
  at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000] in <2644c8ace5cc406985d9ae7eabce1b56>:0
  at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x003c2] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0

Application is terminating: True

Comments

• Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
    To me it looks like you are missing one or more configurarion files. Make sure you have a valid OpenSim.ini file in the bin folder of your Opensim installation as well as a valid GridCommon.ini file in the bin/config-include folder.

Are you using the official "OpenSim 0.9.1.0 Snail Metropolis Edition [20] Dev" or another 0.9.1 dev edition? 

Whenever possible, try to use the Metropolis edition, it already includes prepared .ini files for the Metropolis grid. The simulator software version 0.9.1 Metropolis Edition can be found here:
    https://hypergrid.org/download/metropolis-os_091_DEV_PLUS.zip

Note: unlike in the past, there is only one distribution, for both, Windows and Linux systems. There is no longer a separate tar file for Linux.

/Pius
    Thanked by: ferria_trebuchet
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    I see files from others with this problem i just see no solutions. New to the forum so maybe i missed the thread links

Exception: System.Exception: Could not load an ISimulationDataService implementation from OpenSim.Services.SimulationService.dll:SimulationDataService, as configured in the LocalServiceModule parameter of the [SimulationDataStore] config section.
      at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x000e5] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0
      at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00101] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0
      at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000] in <2644c8ace5cc406985d9ae7eabce1b56>:0
      at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x003c2] in <f2fa3fb5abdc4c5f9374c37bb3a8c92d>:0

• ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    thank you so much, Pius. This is the 091 dev  link i received  from Lena.  The simulation data service section is there tho i know not if it is in tact. I looked in grid.ini for additional or corrected entries , but there was the same line in both files. I substituted the OpenSim.ini  example file making the hypergrid adjustment to the architecture. i am going to put the original .ini back in and try again. Is it conceivable that it is the mysql connection? that is new and i just set up the new vps so there may be snarls there. I soooo appreciate the advice, it has been many hours of sorting to no avail. It seems like i am real close.
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
     Member edited March 18

quote from notes at the top of the OpenSim.ini

Once you have copied OpenSim.ini.example to OpenSim.ini you will at least
    ;; need to set the constants in the [Const] section and pick an architecture
    ;; in the [Architecture] section at the end of this file. The architecture
    ;; will require a suitable .ini file in the config-include directory, either
    ;; StandaloneCommon.ini or GridCommon.ini which you can copy and modify from the
    ;; available .example files.. I can find no section labeled [Const] for constants setup. will look in grid common

• ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    No [Const] section in grid common

from grid-common... are these settings still the same in metro 2?
    [Hypergrid]
        HomeURI = "http://hypergrid.org:8002"
        GatekeeperURI = "http://hypergrid.org:8002"

• Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    This entries are wrong, cause you use the old software. We will discuss it directly per mail.
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    Hello Pius, could i get you to look at my opensim.ini and gridcommon and regions files?
     i purged all opensim files from my comp and my vps. redownloaded the 091 distribution directly from the link Lena Provided. Uploaded to my server. OpenSim 0.9.1.0 Snail Metropolis Edition [20] Dev (g98b6ba2) is the version  in the info file of the new download. Set it up again and ran opensim in my VPS with no other files on it. I think Lena may be real busy. This total purge and reinstall is all i know to do. It must be my files or a flaw in the mm opensim which i very much doubt. Seems like the grid is down

Thank you massively
                     FT

• ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    sorry i should have seen this before but one never knows what is out of date on the web...
    do i need to run a robust server and if so is the ini robust or robustGrid?
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited March 20
    Hi Ferria,

a Robust server one needs only in an own grid, not if you connect to an existing grid. As you use the 0.9.1.0 Metropolis Edition, its config files are well prepared for Metropolis. To narrow down the problem it could be a good idea modifying as few as possible in these config files.
    - Do not copy-paste files from the old grid or OpenSim 0.8.3 versions.
    - Do not use any database from the old grid or OpenSim 0.8.3 versions.
    - (If you have no other regions already up and running and you use MySQL or MariaDB I would suggest to delete the database and set up a new database. This eliminates your first tries.)
    - Config the database settings in config-include/GridCommon.ini, nothing else.
    - The Regions.ini (only this one) you can copy-paste from your old config, if the old coordinate position in the new metro grid is free, too.

If you get a flat, green, accessible region, this test will be successful. Afterwards you could load the OAR to get content on it.

I hope that helps a little,
    Mareta

Thanked by: ferria_trebuchet
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    Thank you Mareta it was a mysql issue. The grid is down now i guess that is why i cant get an estate account in opensim.exe startup dialog. I am so close.I was very spartan in my configuration files. My connection strings were good but i made the assumption that the DB would be created upon first calling. silly me. Thank you for responding :)
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    all is well but i cannot tp into the new region
  • Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
     Member edited March 20
    all is well but i cannot tp into the new region
    This sounds to me like a firewall issue. Make sure the port you defined for InternalPort in the Regions.ini is open for incoming TCP and UDP traffic.

The example values below are from my test sim. Make sure the following values in your Regions.ini look like in this example. Only internalPort might have a different value.

InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
    InternalPort = 9055
    ResolveAddress = False
    AllowAlternatePorts = False
    ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP

Also make sure you have disabled IPv6.
    What's the name of your region?
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet
    Hihi Pius
    WISP_alpha
    is it correct that I need to scrub my region in the grid. Copper said Lena had placed an url to do so Ii could not find it on the dashboard/region management. i have removed the preloaded region number and will re run the setup when i know the region is deleted
  • Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
    Open the Dashboard at https://metro.land/metropolis/dashboard.php in a browser and then Login to RegionManagment using the credentials of the Estate Owner for the login. If your Reigon is listed press the "Delete" button to the right of the entry, then start your region again.
  • ferria_trebuchet
    ferria_trebuchet

i hate to ask  but where are those credentials? my estate password