Taarna_Welles
Taarna_Welles
 Member edited March 25 in Technical Support
Hello,
Can someone tell me where or how I can reset my avatar? I've reset the avatar via the website and also I 've sent an email to the gridmaster but no response so far. I really would like to re-host Savvy but not if the avatar isn't connected to the inventory or whatsoever. So, the avatar stays as a cloud and new items attached as a HUD can't be detached.

Comments

• Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited March 25
    Hi Taarna,

if you have no own IAR backup and have not ordered an IAR transfer, your inventory actually is totally resetted - meaning empty. The fastest solution I think would be if you go to *Metropolis* and take a set of starter avatars.

If also the standard folders are missing, probably you need Admin support.

Cheers,
    Mareta
  • Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
    Hey Taarna,

you are my taylor :) I really appreciate your greate work!

I very much hope it's not too late and @Lena Vanilli can still help you. I hope Savvy comes back to Metropolis again.

/Pius
  • Taarna_Welles
    Taarna_Welles
     Member edited March 26
    @Mareta Dagostino I know my Inventory is empty so that's okay. I have my own IAR so that's not the case too. But the avatar itself is not connected to the Inventory or to a database so it stays as a cloud and new items can't be detached. So it needs to solved first before I want to re-host Savvy again. Maybe @Lena Vanilli notice this post also. But thank you and @Pius Noel for your feedback :)
  • Lena Vanilli
    Lena Vanilli
     Administrator
    Huhu @Taarna_Welles ,

I am sorry for not answering your mail. Maybe it was deleted by accident. For weeks I've got hundreds of mails.

Something is very different to the old 0.8.3, especialy about the Avatar outfit. With 0.8.3 we deleted all avatar outfit data and made a total reset of the avatar. But this work no longer. Out of the dust the system creates a new outfit. But not all; just a few items. Normaly, this behaviour is not possible. We are currently looking for caches or soemthing like that, But until now we found nothing. 

First, you should delete the current avatar outfit with this tool:
    https://metro.land/metropolis/avatarreset.php

Afterwads grab a new standard-avatar at the start-region *Metropolis*.

Greeetings
    Lena

• Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
    I hope your inventory is similar to that on Bubblesz so you can create a IAR to transfer your items. 
    /Pius
  • Taarna_Welles
    Taarna_Welles
    Hi there @Lena Vanilli,
    I did the avatar reset several times, but I didn't grab a new standard avatar. I just created new clothing. I will try the process again soon. Thank you for your feedback. It's appreciated.:)
    @Pius Noel
    I'm happy someone (the admins) took the decision to delete my Inventory. It's something I wanted to do for years, but I never did. And with the same argument, of course, I will do this tomorrow... someday :) It's a kind of laziness. 
    I'll use my IAR from Bubblesz anyway because that one is with less corrupted items.
  • Taarna_Welles
    Taarna_Welles
    @Lena Vanilli,  the problem is solved! :)
  • Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
    Taarna_Welles schrieb:
    I'll use my IAR from Bubblesz anyway because that one is with less corrupted items.
    Interesting to read. I had several errors with my archives containing inventory I've got from you. This time I didn't need the IAR I've created and despite of the errors I've got when I creating the IAR it looks like Metropolis transferred my inventory without any loss.

/Pius