What is going on??

Tainted_Angel
Tainted_Angel
 Member edited November 8 in Technical Support
So I'm on Metropolis "Spencerwood" and I pay every month and yet, I can't sell anything. We tried Gloebits and we tried Podex. Nothing, no luck. Which is fine but I got a 'reminder' to pay the bill, which I already did on the first. I sent a screenshot as reply showing I paid it as I do every month on the 1st. Then, I get another reminder. When I respond I keep getting undelivered. I go the the website that's in the email that I see, "Coming Soon".
Also is there was a script/system for tokens/coins hunting so people can use the tokens/coins in shops?  I have both screenshots combined into one below.

Any help or advice would be greatly needed and appreciated. I hated to have to post this here, but I wasn't getting anywhere through the emails. I only get, Undelivered email. Be Blessed!
Shirl
AKA.. Tainted Angel

Comments

• Copper Tomsen
    Copper Tomsen
     Member edited November 8
    What you show as picture is not the Metro homepage. This here is the URL: https://hypergrid.org/metropolis/wiki/de/index.php?title=Hauptseite
    There you can also click the flag for english version.
    For Metro mail on left link list, is "Contact" for metro gridmaster.
    On buttom of site you also see the link to the Dashboard. There you can also check your payment infos
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited November 8
    Tainted_Angel you have hired a region directly from Metropolis and not connected a self hosted region? The contact address "....@hypergrid-vs.com" is for rented regions administered by Metro.

I hope some Admins read this here and can help you. Surely they will not switch off your region without prior communication. Normally we use PayPal here, I don't think you can pay with virtual coins as  Gloebits or Podex though. Another most general email contact to admins: gridmaster <at> metro.land

If your region is self hosted, Copper Tomsen is right with his comment. You can see the actual balance and get a PayPal payment button in the Dashboard. I receive reminder emails even if I have paid more than enough (for forwarding months), so in case of self hosted regions you can see the actual state only after log-in to the dashboard tool: https://metro.land/metropolis/billing_fees.php
    If there is a positive or zero sum and the phrase "there are currently no fees to pay", then it's ok - reminder mail or not.

EDIT: And please never ever pay something on a web site you don't know or without using https: secure protocol! :warning:
  • Tainted_Angel
    Tainted_Angel
    I used paypal and paid through the dashboard, region fees. Like I always do.  The return emails are coming from @hypergrid-vs.com. Makes no sense. I'm writing the gridmaster now. Thanks you guys.
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited November 8
    Tainted_Angel: Yes, receiving mail from hypergrid-vs for self hosted regions seems strange. My reminder mails are (automated of course but) from gridmaster <at> metro.land.

@all: Addition, there are old links in the bottom of several Metrowiki pages, also on the first landing page. For the dashboard and the Metro tools please use this one which works:

• Tainted_Angel
    Tainted_Angel
    That's what I used, the dashboard. I sent a message to the gridmaster, I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • Tainted_Angel
    Tainted_Angel
     Member edited November 8
    Just received message from the grid master, apparently they were hacked, but not to worry, they got the payment. Also said not possible with help for the script I needed that I started requesting a couple months ago.  So.... what to do next is what I'm wondering.

It's just weird... I pay a good monthly fee..... I can't sell because podex and gloebits are not enabled on the grid even though I was approved by gloebits, so instead, I thought maybe it would be fun for people to go on like a treasure hunt... without the combats... just find coins/tokens and use them in shops and I was told, "Not possible" so no help there........... really frustrating.

• Copper Tomsen
    Copper Tomsen
     Member edited November 8
    The money discussion is sowhat old here..I suggest browsing the forum. Metro itself has a special non-commerce base, so restrictions are normal; what I personaly like, and whats one of the main reasons I am with metro, and not with commercial grids! Money should stay out of Opensim . Gloebits for example was made from a former Linden employee..and..I dont like beeing Lindens involved into OS. Thats my personal thoughts. I love it that rl money cant influence Metro ;-)
    Mmm..and what script to you talk about? Only precise questions can expect a good answer
    Before Metro moved, it was german tax excempt.. so..it was prohabited to have it commercial here..Maybe you remember that. I do not know if that is still so.
    Thanked by: Antonia Ling
  • Tainted_Angel
    Tainted_Angel
    I don't if there's currency... that doesn't bother me.  I am referring to a treasure hunt. Where players can look for coins, gold or tokens and use them at a shop.