Massive Time Outs

timothy hoxley
timothy hoxley
 Member edited October 2014 in Technical Support
I am reporting we are have major issues with timeouts to your asset server, we have diagnosed the problem on our end and we have a good connection from our datacenter. I am hoping you guys can see if its on your end or somewhere between the two points.

14:24:01 - [SynchronousRestObjectRequester]: WebException for GET http://assets.hypergrid.org:8006/assets ... bdfbd00d2a OpenSim.Framework.AssetBase System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.SynchronousRestObjectRequester.MakeRequest[Int32,AssetBase] (System.String verb, System.String requestUrl, Int32 obj, Int32 pTimeout, Int32 maxConnections, IServiceAuth auth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Comments

• Zak Spot
    Zak Spot
     Moderator edited 3:07PM
    Hi,

which version do you use? Is it possible to do a retest with the actual metro download to confirm this behavior? --> intercontinental fix included

Greetings
    Zak
  • timothy hoxley
    timothy hoxley
     Member edited 3:07PM
    We were first having issues with the official release, so we rolled out our own version to try and resolve the issue. We have gotten better results on our own version, but we also have higher ping times to your asset server.
  • timothy hoxley
    timothy hoxley
     Member edited 3:07PM
    We have implimented a patch on our end to assist with asset server time outs.
  • Zak Spot
    Zak Spot
     Moderator edited 3:07PM
    I'm not exactly sure which official version you mean. but with vanilla OS this behaviour is possible. glad that its fixed now. BR Zak