Avatar cannot Access Region - Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter

2»

Comments

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
    And for a change, today, November 15, 2017 even in the old modem where I could access my islands created in my PC next to METRÓPOLIS, I can not anymore, and I continue accessing the ones I have in OSGRID and ADREANS, interesting and enigmatic, do not you think ?
  • Pius Noel
    Pius Noel
     Member edited November 19
    What are your settings for ExternalHostName in Regions.ini of OSGRID and ADREANS? If they are not the same try using the same for ExternalHostName in Regions.ini of METROPOLIS.
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
     Member edited November 19
    @Jardel: My last try, afterwards I will ignore if you continue to shout against Metropolis...
    Have you done some tests? Please have in mind that hundreds of residents have no problems with their regions, and we actually must GUESS what is the special on YOUR internet connection, YOUR router configuration, YOUR operating system configuration (Firewall, IPv4 setting..) and finally YOUR OpenSim configuration?

A possible test scenario...

Preparation Test A:
    - Take the OpenSim standalone version opensim-0.9.0.0 from OpenSimulator.org.
    - Do not change anything in the configuration.
    - Start OpenSim.exe in the console, answer the questions.
    Test A:
    - If this comes up, try to visit it with an avatar at home (on the same side of the router). If this works, your router has no "NAT loopback" problem. Otherwise there are some ugly workarounds in the web, or rent a server.
    - Now ask a friend to visit your standalone. If they can reach your standalone, your Provider gives you  good IPv4, your router and firewall have no general problems opening the necessary ports and all is ok.

If this Test A fails, you have a general OpenSim problem at home and renting a region or server may be the best solution if you have no deeper IT knowledge.

In case of successful test A, Preparation Test B:
    - Take the metropolis-os_083_DEV_PLUS [018] for a test.
    - Do not change anything in the configuration.
    - Check that all ports are open which are mentioned  => there <=.
    - Start OpenSim.exe in the console, answer the questions. For this test you can choose any free position in the grid, it's a test only.
    Test B:
    - If this comes up, there are no general problems with conecting to Metropolis. If some other of your regions cannot connect, it may help to compare thoroughly the delivered OpenSim.ini, CridCommon.ini (and eventually more config files) with your own modified files. If there are any modifications which you don't know why they must be set, comment them out in your modified configuration files.

If test B fails it becomes complicated. Then deeper testing is necessary on your system, and we need further help by detailed error logs or other things you must investigate on your system...

• JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited November 20
    Pius Noel disse:
    What are your settings for ExternalHostName in Regions.ini of OSGRID and ADREANS? If they are not the same try using the same for ExternalHostName in Regions.ini of METROPOLIS.
    Yes! in Metropolis grid i used SYSTEMIP  but in osgrid and adreans i used the real ExternalHostName, that a seem at MY IP when acess google chrome
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
     Member edited November 24
    Hi Mareta! Thanks for your attempt to help. With regard to the tests you suggested, I would like to inform you that I already had a region, which I created some time ago, in order to solve the problem of accessing my regions, created in my PC. However I followed your test B, again downloading a new program to install opensim, I did everything right and it did not work. Today I discovered what is truly causing the problem. Let us see: With the worldwide exhaustion of IPV4, Internet providers are implementing IPV6, but this takes time and, in order to remedy the natural difficulties of this, they are authorizing the implementation of a shared IPV4 delivery service (CGNAT). is a false IPV4, which allows the internet engineering service, that is, it maintains the connection, but it prevents, because it is shared by several clients, the port redirection. I do not see a solution for the various GRIDS other than the development of an OPENSIM program that works with IPV6. I will try to join the OSGRID forum because they have many developers who permanently offer OPENSIM update, since they do not offer server rentals by GRID, only third parties do this, but most are from regions created by the users themselves.  However, the puzzle remains: How can I access my regions in GRID ADREANS  AND OSGRID until?
  • Mareta Dagostino
    Mareta Dagostino
    Hi Jardel,

thank you for the detailed reply. Very sorry that you found the worst case, that (same like me) the home internet provider has switched off IPv4 and reaches out only CGNAT.

It means that a IPv4 connection which starts up from home (like WWW surfing, OpenSim Viewers) works, but a connection which starts from outside (like another region servers or external grid services) cannot decide, which of the hundreds households behind the NAT is the correct one: They all share the same IPv4 address, and only the internet provider in their NAT server can decide because they have a dynamic list.If the signal initially comes from home, the NAT server table is filled with the necessary entry so the answer signal finds its way. The reverse direction cannot work, as the answer signal would need to fill the table but comes after the initial signal.

I could simply call my provider to reach out a real (dynamic) IPv4 address into my home. For that I would need to write a ticket describing that I must be reachable for a server service from outside. Maybe, your provider is cooperative? (I have rented a physical server, for this reason I don't need IPv4 at home.)

For the nearer time, it seems that the only option is (changing the internet provider or) renting a server. Virtual servers are not expensive. Also full service region providers are out in OpenSim, at least in Metro and OSgrid you have the choice of different people renting regions.

Kind regards,
    Mareta
  • JardelGreggan
    JardelGreggan
    I was able to access all of my Metropolis regions. In fact my old modem still had a public IPV4, or rather not shared. I was able to check the redirection of ports in it and I noticed a small mistake (configuration error) that allowed me to redirect my required ports. That is, the provider was not using the CGNAT tool in it and I discovered because my external ip, when checking the modem was not shared, because it did not have the 100.xxx description that makes use of the ip for several users and was not different of the modem's WAN constant external Ip. Thank you all and especially and Mareta who has spoken here several times with me!